Photo 101: Double
Here we go. Two photos on the photo assignment DOUBLE. The first if you recognize them are the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur. Here are some interesting facts:
- They are the tallest twin towers in the world and was the tallest skyscraper between 1998-2004
- They are 88 floors and when seen from the top, each tower is an 8 pointed star
- Due to the requirement to complete it in 6 years, two consortiums were hired to build the towers. One for each tower!
- Tower Two was the first to finish and was found to be pretty straight.
- However Tower One was found to lean too much (almost an inch) to one side when it reached the 72nd floor. To correct it, the next 16 floors were deliberately built slanted back to compensate!
- On Sept 1, 2009, Alain Robert scaled to the top of Tower Two in under 2 hours using his hands and feet with no safety devices!! (He was stopped twice before)
And of course for the second shot I can’t help but share this photo of mine from South Africa. It is one of my favourites of zebras. Now which one is Marty??
2 thoughts on “Photo 101: Double”
Lovely and fun!
Thank you Anne